To generate an author certificate using the Galaxy Watch Designer, from the main menu bar, click Project > Author Certificate. For more information, see Getting Started.
Important! Make a backup of your author certificate, save the backup on a different device, and keep both the original and backup in a secure place. If you lose your author certificate, you will not be able to publish updates to your apps.
What to do if you've forgotten the password
If you've forgotten the password for the author certificate, you can reset the password the next time you build your app.
What to do if you've lost your author certificate or can't reset the password
If you have lost your author certificate and do not have a backup or if you have forgotten the password for the certificate and cannot reset it, do the following:
- Generate a new author certificate.
- Make a backup of your new author certificate and do not save the backup on the same device as the original certificate. Keep both the original and backup in a secure place.
- Build a newer version of your app with the new certificate.
- Upload the app to Seller Office and release it.
- Suspend the older version of the app.
For more information about author certificates, see Getting the Certificates.