Use these guidelines to create impressive in-app item titles.
You can increase your in-app item revenue by registering titles that are impactful but do not distract customers.
- Content guidelines
- Use words that describe the purpose and distinctiveness of the in-app item.
- Use standard text.
- Keep it short.
- Shorter titles have more impact.
- Customers may not remember longer titles.
- Do not include:
- Information about yourself or your company
- The in-app item price
- Promotional terms (such as ‘reduced’ or 'on sale')
- Time-limited terms (such as 'Act Now' or 'Hurry')
- Subjective terms (such as ‘top seller’ or ‘really hot’)
- Typographical guidelines
- Capitalize the first letter of the first word and each major word thereafter.
- Do not capitalize all the letters.
- Do not capitalize the first letter of minor words, which include conjunctions (and, or, for), articles (the, a, an), or prepositions with fewer than five letters (in, on, over, with).
- Use numerals instead of spelling out numbers ('3' instead of 'three').
- Do not use special characters or symbols (such as 'ü' or '©') that are not displayed in the app store UI.